The TicWatch Pro 2020 was released about four months ago and I know that some of you were expecting some radical changes but this smartwatch is simply the refreshed version of the Mobvoi TicWatch Pro from 2018 (the name kind of gives it away).
The TicWatch Pro 2020 is composed of metal, glass, and high quality matte fiber materials. It has numbers around the non-spinning bezel with a hefty look to it. I think it’s likely one of those love/hate looks and I personally like the look of the watch. The silver model looks good in pictures, but I tested out the all black model.
The layered display is a cool innovation from Mobvoi with a LCD screen on top of an AMOLED screen and it’s something I would like to see GPS sports watch makers adopt. It’s the perfect solution to give users the choice of bright brilliance or long battery life, or both if you manage things properly.
High quality matte fiber material is used below the metal and around the sides, as well as the lug area for the band connection. Silver metal material covers the back with the flush heart rate monitor that has very few openings for measuring heart rate.
There are two physical buttons on the right side with the upper button serving to toggle between the app launcher and the watch face. Pressing and holding it launches Google Assistant. The lower right button launches the TicExercise app so you can start working out quickly from the watch face. You can also customize the lower button to launch an app of your choosing.tandard 22mm quick release bands can be used with the TicWatch Pro 2020. However, a very nice hybrid leather/silicone band is included in the retail package. The top is black leather with the underside being black silicone. We’ll see how well it holds up over time, but I like the design for sure.
There is a mic opening on the right side between the buttons. The speaker is found on the bottom of the bezel and phone calls actually sound pretty good from the wrist. Callers also said I sounded good when calling from the watch.
TICWATCH PRO 2020 SPECIFICATIONS
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- Display: 1.39 inches AMOLED with 400×400 pixels resolution Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating system: Google Wear OS
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 4GB internal storage
- Bands: 22mm leather/silicone hybrid
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2 LE, 801.11 b/g/n WiFi, GPS/Galileo/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Heart Rate Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
- Rugged ratings: IP68 dust/water resistant rating and MIL-STD 810G shock resistance
- Battery: 415 mAh non-removable
- Dimensions: 45 x 45 x 12.6mm and 222 grams
- Colors: Shadow Black and Liquid Metal Silver