In 2019, the Sumuri Forensics company held an online competition. Among the selected nominees were Elkton Police department, Henry county police department, Washington police department, Philadelphia police department and Kenya’s very own DCI Digital Forensics unit.
Kenya’s very own DCI emerged runner’s up, and they were awarded a Talino KA-301 Forensics workstation that arrived on April 29th.
Sumuri company is a company that provides unique and relevant digital forensic solutions, including hardware and software solutions. They manufucture a range of powerful forensic workstations ranging from 7000$ and above. Below are things you didn’t know about the Talino KA-301.
When it comes to memory, the KA-301 is a beast.
- . It packs 64GB of High End 2400 MHz Ultra Fast DDR4 RAM. The computer should run very fast, with no lagging provided that the world’s fastest ram stands at 4800 MHz.
- One (1) 512GB M.2 SSD for Temporary Files and Processing
- One (1) 512GB M.2 SSD for Database(s)
- Four (4) 6TB Hard Drives Configured in RAID 10 for Evidence (24TB)
- It also has one (1) RTX 2080ti 11GB GDDR6 Water Cooled Graphics Processing Unit, for handling graphics.
To sum it up, the machine has 25TB of storage, paired with 64GB of DDR RAM together with 11GB of Graphics memory.
2. KA- 301’s Processor
The Talino KA-301 packs an Intel Core i9-7900X X Series 10-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2066 Processor under the hood. The i9 CPU features Intel Hyper-Threading technology. This enables each core to process two threads simultaneously for a speedier performance.
This KA-301 carries a total of 14 USB ports distributed as follows.
- One (1) 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub
- One (1) 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub
Be honest, how many ports does your computer have.
There is also provision for One Blu-Ray16X BD-R 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner.
There are Hot swap trays which could serve as extension slots meaning there is potential for the features to be upgraded.
- One (1) 2.5” Hot Swap Bay with Four (4) Hot Swap Bays
- One (1) 3.5” Hot Swap Trays totaling Five (5) Removable Trays
4. Operating system
The Talino KA-301 workshop comes installed with the 64 bit version of the Windows 10 pro operating system.
5. Cooling System
The Talino KA-301 workstation is cooled by a combination of fans and a liquid cooling system for maximum CPU performance. The fans are High End Whisper Quite Fans throughout the Entire System (Hydraulic Fluid Ball Bearing rated at 300,000 hour lifespan)
- The Talino KA-301’s dimensions are 381mm x 484mm x 510mm
- It’s fan sizes are 120mm diameter
- Aluminum Thickness on the material is 3.00mm thick
The machine has a 3 year standard warranty. For more information, check out the product on their website.